The Santa Cruz County Office of Education provides targeted assistance and customized support to local school districts on the administration of state and federal programs. The District Support and Leadership is a resource for information on the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) assessment system, Federal Program Monitoring (FPM), and the California Accountability & Improvement System (CAIS).
The Regional System of District and School Support (RSDSS)
The Regional System of District and School Support provides customized services and support to districts and schools directed toward whole school change and improved student achievement and school leadership. Professional development training and guidance is provided to districts and schools receiving Title I funds, as they plan, implement and evaluate programs focused on improving student achievement. RSDSS operates under the authority of the California Department of Education with eleven regional offices throughout the state.
Technical Assistance & Professional Development
- No Child Left Behind Program Improvement Requirements:
- PI Year 1 – 2
- PI Year 3 – 5
- Alternative Governance Board (AGB) Options/Plans
- Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) Development: School
- School Site Council (SSC) training
- Academic Program Survey (APS)
- Local Educational Agency Plan (LEA Plan): District
- District Assessment Survey (DAS)
- English Language Learner Self-Assessment (ELLSA)
- Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
- School Improvement Models, Strategies & Tools