Clear, Professional, or Professional Clear Credentials and 30-Day Emergency Substitute Permits MUST be renewed on-line.
Please note, this process is not available for all credentials. Only Visa or MasterCard debit/credit card payments are accepted online.
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please Call For An Appointment So That We Can Better Serve You!
Santa Cruz County Office Credential Department Services:
- Register teaching and service credentials
- Evaluate transcripts for California Certification
- Process Child Development Permits
- Advise out-of-state teachers regarding California Certification
- Advise teachers regarding requirements for additional certification
- Process new and renewal applications
- Provide applications, Professional Growth Booklets, and available registration booklets for CBEST, CTEL, CSET/SSAT Subject Matter, PRAXIS, and RICA (see websites below).
California Credential Information Web Sites:
California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The web site has credential information, downloadable credential applications, information leaflets, Professional Growth Booklets
Credential Testing Web Sites:
- ALL BELOW EXAM INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION CAN BE ACCESSED THROUGH:
- CBEST test
- CSET & SSAT
- CTEL test (CLAD/BCLAD authorization)
- PRAXIS test information and registration