To apply for a 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit you will need:
- SCCOE Substitute Registration Form (updated 10/17/2018)
- Social Security card
- Official transcripts verifying a Bachelor’s Degree
- Verification of meeting the Basic Skills Requirement. The most common method of meeting this requirement is CBEST. For a list of alternative methods to CBEST, please refer to the Basic Skills Requirement leaflet on the Commission on Teacher Credentialing website.
- Government Issued Photo Identification (Driver’s License, CA ID, Passport, etc…)
- $74.00 personal check or money order only—fingerprint fee
- Current Negative TB Exam (valid for 4 years) TB Skin Test locations and info
To schedule an appointment to apply for a 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit please contact Christine Caldwell-Holden at (831) 466-5753 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to read more about a 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit.